Translate

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wedding To Plan And Everything Else In Between!

Source: David's Bridal
My Wedding Dress!

Hey y'all! I've been a busy little bee lately. I'm here now but bare with me for the next 2 1/2 weeks. I will be getting married June 8th and I'm way behind schedule on everything I need to do! Not only do I have a wedding to plan for, I'm on a weigh-loss program with my OB-GYN which mean appointments, I also have my son's birthday to plan for and have been swamp by end of the school year functions.

  I have had the "great idea" of a DIY wedding and it's a little more difficult than others let you know! For one I have been using a lot of ribbon and lace and I have cleaned the shelves of all three Wal-Marts in my area. I seem to be at the store way more than I am doing anything. I have tried 4 different glues for glass and I have decided the old ball and chain hot glue gun is the best to get fabrics to stick to the glass!

 I just want to help prepare others with what really goes on with DIY weddings. I would make sure you have more than 2 months to plan and do crafts. Always have a helper, my sister Lori has been helping me a lot and I feel like we might need more people in the assembly line to help! Never be afraid to ask for help!
If you have children especially small children like myself it's a little harder. My kids love seeing all the crafting materials being used and think they should help. If only they were old enough. Their helping consist of taking everything I need and sneaking off to hide it all over the house!
 Do everything yourself saves you a lot of money, but takes a whole lot of time. My best friend is Pinterest  It's the best with ideas and crafts. If you have a wedding theme like myself which is country then just put that in the Pinterest search bar and if you have no clue, just enter wedding ideas in the search bar. You will have so many ideas pop up and then you can make your wedding board to pin everything you like.

 Another great site is MarthaStewartWeddings.com. This website has planning tools, recipes, crafting ideas even has honeymoon location tips.
My Bridemaid Dresses

For any of you in search of bridesmaid dresses, think about going to department stores. I ended up getting my dresses at Sears. If you are lucky enough to have your wedding towards the end of May, that is also right after prom season! I ended up getting great dress originally $58 for $28. Plus my shoes originally $50 for only $25
My  Wedding shoes.
 I needed a pop of color!



It has been a pretty stressful time for me. I have always been the type that waits until the last minute to pull everything together. Wish me luck!

Thank you all for reading! Subscribe to my blog to keep up to date with my post! Soon I will be posting pics of the items I have crafted for my wedding. If you would please look to the right of this post for the Top Mommy Blogs widget and click it to get me rated #1!

Yours Truly,
~YaYa~

 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything! I love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katie! I was looking for sparkly shoes but when I saw these I had to have them!Thanks for reading!

      Delete