Translate

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week! May 6th-10

Sam teaching Gabe to paint!
We the parents are our children's first teacher for all the other teachers in their life, take time to thank them.
"A good Teacher is like a candle- it consumes itself to light the way of others" ~ Author Unknown

Good Morning Y'all! It's off to a great start this morning! I have Loggy watching Phantom of The Opera the play and my Kait is taking her morning nap. I'm suppose to be getting ready to go to Gabe's field day. First I wanted to make sure to get you guys out at post before I begin my day.

 Monday was the start of Teacher's Appreciate Week! Let's show the teachers in our life how much they mean to us. When I think about teachers I realize how hard of a job they have. They are very rarely acknowledged for it. It takes a very special person to take on all of that responsibility. I know I couldn't wake  up at 5:30 in the morning, after going to bed at 3 from grading papers, just to spend my day with 30 rowdy children.

Teachers take time to teach our children a lot of what they will need to know as adults. At the same time when they leave school they still have a lot of work left in their day. Checking papers, answering emails from concerned parents and coming up with their next lesson plans. Some teachers teach children that don't give them the respect they deserve and like to make it harder on the teachers.

 I remember two of my favorite teachers. They will stay with me forever for their kindness and love.  These teachers made you enjoy coming to school everyday. I would actually come into school on my holiday breaks just to be able to help my 6th grade teacher with anything  she needed help with.

Ms. Gallutia was my 2nd grade teacher. She was such a great person. She would keep a gumball machine on her desk, during the day you could earn pennies. Those pennies you would use at the end of the day to get as many gumballs as you had pennies. I loved when we would get to sit around her and listen to her read us chapter books. It was such a joy being in her class. That was my first year at a new school and she made the transition to a new school a memorable one.

Ms. Griffin was my 6th grade teacher. My sister also had her before me and loved her. Ms. Griffin was a very kind outgoing person. She is the one I told y'all I would come in just to help her out. She would let me and my best friend run the concession stand at the schools basketball games. She was an awesome teacher!

If these teachers are reading this I would tell them Thank you for all your hard work. You made school a great experience! I wish all teachers were like you!

Please parents show your kid's teacher you appreciate all their hard work. You don't have to spend big bucks. Send them a letter. You can pick up a pack of Thank You cards from the dollar store and write a nice card for them.

One of Gabe's teachers showed me a book one of her students made her about lady bugs because they are the teacher's favorite. Have your children make them something special. Do what I did pick up a mug and a pack of green tea or cocoa and a little box of candy. Gabe told me his teacher loves his Bible so we found him a small book of proverbs to go through life a box of Raisinets and green tea. Both of the gifts I got for his teachers were less that $10 each.  Pinterest also has some great craft ideas for teachers.

Whether you choose store bought, DIY or just walking in to personally thank them, make sure you do something. It will help make our teachers good about the job they are doing!

Thanks Again for reading! Remember to follow my blog to stay up to date with my post. Click on the Top Mommy Blogs icon on the right  side to get me to the #1 spot.

Yours Truly
~YaYa~

2 comments:

  1. I really wanted to have the children makes cards or get gifts, but I didn't have the time to get it done. I also didn't have any money lately. The week passed so quickly. Hopefully I can "appreciate them" :-) before the year is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! You can show appreciation to teachers any time of the year! Thank you for reading !

    ReplyDelete